Re: [opensuse] Is it possible to roll-back or undo an entire upgrade?
On 10/07/2012 08:12 PM, Cristian Rodríguez pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
El 07/10/12 04:25, Per Jessen escribió:
I've recently upgraded a laptop from 11.4 to 12.2 - the upgrade went
very well, no issues at all. However, the machine is clearly not "big"
enough to run 12.2+KDE, and the user is now complaining about it being
slow and difficult to work with. I could always re-install 11.4, but I
thought I'd ask about the possibility of doing a downgrade?

Atm, it is not possible, it may be possible in the future using BTFS
snapshots though.

Before throwing all away try changing the main repos (oss,non-oss,update) to the 11.4 equivalents and disable all others. Then try using zypper dup after a ref. If it doesn't work you will not have lost anything but a little time.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998