[opensuse] How to reset vga to nomal on boot?
I've started to get the hang of the booting my next kernel
with kexec...as long as I don't really need to look at my boot screen, it
seems just fine..

For some reason, the 'vga' setting I have in lilo doesn't work to reset video
on the command line, so I end up with a bunch of garbage on the console.

I've tried vga=0x942 & 0x30a..both of which work in in lilo, but
no reset on the cmd line....

Any special magic (any special console parameters)
to get the console into a readable state when booting into a new
kernel?

Right now have:

kexec -l '/boot/vmlinuz-3.6.0-Isht-Van' root=/dev/sdc1 vga=0x942 --append='root=/dev/sdc1 showopts console=ttyS0,115200n8 console=tty0 elevator=cfq pcie_aspm=force pcie_ports=native'

Thanks,
-linda