[opensuse] Re: kernel bug or something suse added?
Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
They do, permissions presented for links in /proc (and most virtual
filesystems) are bogus.
----
:-( !!!!!

Why bother putting special permission handling code in the
kernel when the fs-attrs could take care of it and allow more
flexibility.

You can read the "cmdline", which is a better target [I think] for what
you are looking for.
-----
---
Some yes, sometimes not -- If I really want to know what binary a
program
is running and not what it wants to 'tell me' ....I have so many scripts that
call
sudo for trivial little things like this -- just because it had to be done some
special way....sigh.