Re: [opensuse] Is it possible to roll-back or undo an entire upgrade?
Quoting Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Felix Miata wrote:

On 2012-10-07 03:25 (GMT-0400) Per Jessen composed:

I've recently upgraded a laptop from 11.4 to 12.2 - the upgrade went
very well, no issues at all. However, the machine is clearly not
"big" enough to run 12.2+KDE, and the user is now complaining about
it being

What CPU/speed and gfxchip does it have?

It's a Celeron 1.5GHz with ATI Radeon Xpress 200M. Not exactly a
powerful workstation, but it's been doing a fine job until this
upgrade.

I upgraded a IBM Thinkpad T41 with comparable specs via a clean install from
11.2 to 12.2. Firefox is problematic, uses too much CPU and memory. With
XFCE and Opera for routine browsing it is usable. I don't leave a browser
running all the time on this machine, again only 2MB of memory.

Too many of the packages I needed for work required a newer OS. I would not
think of going back. But I knew this situation was temporary. The T41 was
sitting in for a T520 that was in the shop.

HTH,
Jeffrey