Re: [opensuse] How to use filters in Wireshark 1.8.2
On 07/10/12 18:52, James Knott wrote:
I have used Wireshark for several years and often used filtiers to limit
what is caputered. However, I don't see how to get filters to work in
Wireshark 1.8.2. In earlier versions, I'd select options and choose
the filter there. With 1.8.2, there's a separate area for selecting
filters, but it doesn't seem to work. The options panel no longer has a
place to select filters.

What am I missing here?

tnx jk

Hi
Choose an interface (e.g. first item on the icon bar) then click close.
Type the filter you want alongside where it says Filter: (e.g. NFS)
Click Apply (to the right of the filter box, where you have Expression Clear Apply Save)
Start capture (e.g. third icon along on the icon bar)

HTH
L x