Re: [opensuse] Should cron write in upper or lower case?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2012 22:21:04 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2012-09-29 14:54, Lars Müller wrote:
On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 02:17:42PM +0200, Per Jessen wrote:

And such a change is not allowed?

If they have a good reason such a change must be possible.

Of course, but I have not heard anyone explain why it was changed.
That's why I call it a regression.

I have not seen yet an explanation of what we gain.

[again, sorry about the late response, the thread got lost in my reader]

cronie is probably(!) newer/better/prettier than vixie-cron, which I
assume is why we moved. As always with openSUSE, the reasoning is not
always clear. I have no issues with the move at all, except this one
regression.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (16.7°C)