Re: [opensuse] More on Sound in 12.2
Finally I found out the reason for not having any sound in the gnome shell: I had to
install "alsa-plugins-pulse"; after rebooting everything worked nicely!

Johannes

Am 24.09.12 16:36, schrieb Johannes Weberhofer:

Am 24.09.12 12:38, schrieb Robin Klitscher:
On 24/09/12 21:35, Johannes Weberhofer wrote:
>On my thinkpad I have a strange behaviour: After the start of the
>x-server and before the gdm-login-box appearsm I can change the volume
>with the volume-buttons on the keyboard. As soon as the login-box
>appears, I don't have sound; in gnome's sound control, some users see no
>sound hardware, others see a kind of a dummy-device; in both cases I
>can't hear anything from the loudspeaker. In case it's important: I have
>upgraded this system from 12.1.

Here's a guess. If you haven't done so already, it might be worth
trying alsamixer -Dhw from a command line to check whether something
that shouldn't be is muted, or has the volume turned down too far.

I don't think, its the point; I'll try today, but I don't see any sound
hardware as root or normal user.

--
Johannes Weberhofer
Weberhofer GmbH, Austria, Vienna