Re: [opensuse] Hotel Router drops Wifi connection
On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 5:57 PM, Mark Misulich <munguanaweza@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In the meantime, since I last posted on this, I am having a similar
problem at a second hotel. I wrote their customer service, and the head
IT guy from the hotel chain replied by email. He replied:

"Please contact me at the number below when you arrive so we
can
ensure that your Linux machine is whitelisted (bypassed) for the
duration of your stay.

Lastly, would you mind sharing the Internet Web Browser you use and your
version of Linux?"

Naturally, I was curious as to why this was happening, so I wrote back
and asked that question. His reply:

"Our gateway is provided by AT&T Wi-Fi Services; we generally do not
have any issues with Linux machines being forced to re-authenticate
before the specified duration.

The best way to resolve this is to contact me the next time you get
onsite, so we can monitor the gateway to see if, why and how it may drop
your Network Interface Card’s Media Access Control (MAC) address."

While I'm afraid I don't have an answer to your issue, I'm curious
where this hotel is, or at least which chain it is. I'm floored that
you've been able to get such helpful feedback from a hotel for your
Linux connectivity issue! That's a place I'd like to take my
business!

--
Chris