Re: [opensuse] What's going on with firewall rules in 12.1?!?
On 10/03/2012 02:43 AM, Marcus Meissner wrote:
I see you probably met SuSEfirewall2, an tool we have for over 10
years now, (so it is not really new with 12.1).

One heck of an introduction...

We never had a iptables init script.

How did 10.3 get it's iptables init script?

The config file /etc/sysconfig/SuSEfirewall2 is mostly self
explaining, to hook in your own rules change:

FW_CUSTOMRULES="... your script ..."

and use /etc/sysconfig/scripts/SuSEfirewall2-custom as an
example.

Not self explaining enough. It appears that a subset of iptables
rules is supported. The information at hand does not cover my
requirements. So it's back to doing things the hard way all over again.

jd