Re: [opensuse] Dual monitor config (12.2 GeForce GT520)
Hi Dylan,

On 13/09/12 08:48, Dylan wrote:
On 12/09/12 22:19, michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Thu, 13 Sep 2012 01:37:15 Dylan wrote:
I am trying to set up dual monitors on my newly installed 12.2. I have a
<SNIP>

I take it you've setup "Twinview" for X Server Display Configuration
in NVIDIA
settings? I have a similar setup, two different sized LCD displays,
one HDMI,
one VGA, both connected to a GT240, and both screens size correctly -
in that
anything maximised on either does not exceed the limits of the display.

Yes, I've tried Twinview, as well as setting up the HDMI display alone
and as "Separate X Servers" - in all cases a maximised window on the
HDMI exceeds the limits of the physical display.

Dx

I don't know if you've solved this problem yet, but I had similar
problems with a similar setup after upgrading to 12.2. The twinview way
has worked well in previous version of oS such as 12.1 and 11.4, using
the nvidia drivers and the nvidia config utility.

With oS 12.2, however, I also had to configure the positions of each
display in System Settings > Display and Monitor > Multiple Monitors.
Before doing that, the displays kept getting swapped left for right
after exiting the nvidia config utility.

HTH

Bob
--
Bob Williams