[opensuse] Re: OS 12.2 KDE and reboot options
  • From: JC Francois <jc.francois@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 14:32:19 +0200
On 02/10/12 14:28, James Knott wrote:
JC Francois wrote:
Hi,

What I have lost (and miss) are the options that I used to get when I
clicked long on the "restart computer" button. I used to see the list
of the GRUB partitions displayed and had the choice to select what
partition I wanted to boot back in (for example reboot in Win7).

Is there any way to restore that functionality?

I lost that a long time ago in 12.1.

I found the solution on my own. For anybody interested:

Under Configure Desktop > Login Screen > Shutdown select the boot manager that you are using in the drop-down box under "Miscellaneous" (for me it was "grub"). Logout. Login.
Next time you click and hold "restart" you should see the grub boot options menu.

/~JC