Re: [opensuse] rsyslog truncates messages after recent update [WAS: rsyslog drops thousands of messages]
* Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [10-03-12 07:46]:
On 2012-10-03 13:34, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
I wonder if you have a local problem. I have
rsyslog-5.10.0-2.4.1.x86_64 and do not see truncated entries in
/var/log/messages ???

Well, there are now two people with the same problem, so I don't think
so. However, I repeatedly installed the old version of rsyslog and the
new one, and it was consistent: the new one failed with the same
configuration. If there is some new needed setting that should be
enabled on the new version, they should say so somewhere, I suppose.

then possibly a locale problem. I have LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8.

I noticed "it appears" the same chars are dropped from similar looking log
entries ????