Re: [opensuse] kernel bug or something suse added?
On Tue, 2012-10-02 at 09:37 -0700, Linda Walsh wrote:
Which ran fine except it didn't tell me what processes .. and numbers weren't
really what I wanted, so I thought why not list the exe. I thought to
add "ls -L $i" in the above to each line -- but get permission probs:
ls: cannot read symbolic link 1/exe: Permission denied
Running as root, of course, no prob.
This is 'normal' behavior as I have come to expect, BUT,
in paying attention to the permissions on the symlink:
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Oct 2 09:10 exe
The permissions don't agree with what the kernel is doing.

They do, permissions presented for links in /proc (and most virtual
filesystems) are bogus.

You can read the "cmdline", which is a better target [I think] for what
you are looking for.