Re: [opensuse] Upgrade from 11.4 to 12.1, cciss module
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 18:02:35 +0200
Claudio ML wrote:

Hello all,

I have a system with a Smart Array 5i/532 with OpenSuSE 11.3. Now i
want to upgrade this to OpenSuSE 12.2, but i have a problem. I have
noticied from another system with OpenSuSE 12.2, of a module change,
from cciss to hpsa, and a change from /dev/cciss to /dev/sdx.

Now, my questions are basically 2:

- When i do the upgrade of that system, will be used the hpsa module?
It will be used for an Smart Array 5i/532?

I have at least one server on 12.2 with a Smart Array 5i/532 - they're
using the cciss module, kernel 3.4.6.2.

- If the hpsa module will be used, and the hard disk device change
from /dev/cciss to /dev/sdx, what i can do to make the system
bootable? I need a detailed list of operations to be done in this
case, the last time it is happened the only solution i have found is
to re-install all the system...

There is certainly no need to reinstall.

a) reconfigure your bootloader
b) reconfigure /etc/fstab
c) rebuild your initrd, but that should happen automatically.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (17.4°C)