Re: [opensuse] ADding a Patch for a WINE app in 12.2
* George Olson <grglsn765@xxxxxxxxx> [10-02-12 05:24]:

As to nixnote, I have looked it up and downloaded the .deb file for Ubuntu,
and I tried to run alien to build an rpm. Here are the results:

why run alien to build an rpm instead of just dl'ing the rpm ???

Package build failed. Here's the log of the command (cd nixnote-1.2;
rpmbuild --buildroot=/home/george/Downloads/nixnote-1.2 -bb --target i386
nixnote-1.2-2.spec):
sh: rpmbuild: command not found

rpmbuild is not installed

find nixnote-1.2 -type d -exec chmod 755 {} ;
rm -rf nixnote-1.2

I will note that the command "mkdir nixnote-1.2" failed to make that
directory.

needs root perms, did you run as root

Any suggestions on what to do next? How would I go about building this
package?

instead of mukking around with alien, dl the rpm and be done with it.