Re: [opensuse] Boot Probs with Opensuse 12.2
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2012 11:47:41 +0200
Phil Savoie wrote:

On 10/01/2012 01:37 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
Phil Savoie wrote:

Hi All,

I just installed subject but find it will not boot unless the
insstall
dvd is in the drive and I point to HD install. The machine will not
boot otherwise.

What does it do when the DVD is not in the drive?

It would probably also be good to have a look at your
grub-configuration.

Hello Per,

Thank you for your response. When my machine boots, it hangs on the
Boot from CDROM: prompt. But the strange thing is, it worked well
prior to this with Centos installed. This machine is 2 months old.

Hi Phil

That sounds more like a BIOS issue - when there's nothing in the drive,
it should just skip to the next boot-device in the list. I guess you
never even get to see the grub menu?

I will be at work today, So there will be a delay in my response.
This is my first kick at grub2 as well. As for the grub.cfg, it is as
follows:

I'm not using grub myself, I'm hoping someone else might have a look for
you :-)

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (14.2°C)