Re: [opensuse] Split Access two ISP's
On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 09:10:35AM +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:

Well I am able to use both from my first ISP's shell account but I am
told
that anywhere else is not working. I added tables T1 and T2 to
/etc/iproute2/rt_table

Is a good resource.

http://www.lartc.org/lartc.htmlhttp://www.lartc.org/lartc.html

[snip]

Any ideas on how to proceede?

Well, you basically start by looking at a message as it travels through
the expected path - use e.g. tcpdump to track it. At some point the
message will take the wrong path, then you work out why.

Looking at your setup (snipped), you seem to have duplicated "ip rule
add" statements. It doesn't hurt, but it's confusing. Also, if you
intended to distribute the load over your two uplinks, I don't see
anything doing that.

An older discussion, unfortunately in German language only, might help
you.

Cf. http://lists.openSUSE.org/opensuse-de/2010-08/msg01050.html and in
particular http://lists.openSUSE.org/opensuse-de/2010-08/msg01061.html

If your interface isn't a bridge use ethX instead of brX for the
interface name. I guess you'll get the idea.

As we've not seen this special requirement often enough till now - I
guess we see it one or two times a year - I don't think we need to work
on a general YaST, sysconfig, or anything else out of the box solution
for this.

Cheers,

Lars
--