[opensuse] Router firewall vs openSUSE firewall
Hi,

My system is openSUSE 12.1 running KDE 4.9 behind a NAT router (Draytek
2800v) which incorporates its own configurable firewall.

I'm also running a minidlna server linked through the router to my
Blueray player. When I disable the openSUSE firewall, I can browse the
directories on my computer from the TV and view/play media files. If I
enable the openSUSE firewall, the server is not seen.

Is it safe to rely on the router firewall alone, combined with NAT,
always accepting that safety is a relative term?

Conversely, has anyone successfully set up minidlna through the openSUSE
firewall, and if so, what settings did you use?

Bob
--
Bob Williams
System: Linux 3.1.10-1.16-desktop