Re: [opensuse] connecting my telephone to the internet
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 10:10:09 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2012-08-26 00:40, Felix Miata wrote:
On 2012/08/25 17:47 (GMT-0400) James Knott composed:

Without the do not call list it would

That "do not call" feature is one we do not have here. You are
fortunate.

We have something similar - if you tick the right box, your number is
marked as do-not-call (for marketing purposes). It works fairly well.
Asterisk will help with the rest :-)

I considered using hylafax in Linux or something to check the caller
ID and refuse or accept the call based on that. Asterisk would be
nice, but I would need quite some hardware: dedicated PC, analog
card...

FYI, any old PC is sufficient. Our first Asterisk installation ran on
an old desktop machine.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (16.9°C)