Re: [opensuse] connecting my telephone to the internet
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 15:57:38 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2012-08-25 04:45, James Knott wrote:

1) Take a look at a map of Canada. I have extended phones as far a
from near Toronto Ontario to Nova Scotia, about 1300 Km or Sarnia
Ontario to St. John New Brunswick, over 1700 Km.

Quite a distance.

By the way, I was surprised, during my last visit to Ottawa, that
phones displayed the name of the caller instead of the number, without
having to enter a phone list on your terminal. Very interesting and
nice.

I don't know about the Canadian setup, but it's pretty common on VoIP
phones, Siemens Gigaset for instance. They use a local directory (in
Switzerland, http://local.ch) to do a quick http lookup of the
callerid. Our Asterisk server does the same.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (24.6°C)