Re: [opensuse] Re: Substitutes for Akonadi programs

Hi Charles,

On 08/23/2012 10:47 AM, Charles Philip Chan wrote:

Welcome to the club, I took the plunge years ago, The learning curve is
steep, but you won't regret it.

Better late than never ;=) Not current as you are but using 24.1 and
loving it.

Gnus is good but I haven't yet fallen in love with it,

You will, once you get use to the way Gnus blurs the distinction between
different sources: mail, Usenet, RSS and Atom feeds, etc.

See wanderlust makes the same things as well but I haven't found a
decent Gnus tutorial where it takes me step by step holding my keyboard :(

and for imap usage (not offlineimap) I found it slow, or my tweaking
is not good.

You should try "Ma Gnus" (the developmental version of Gnus). Lars put
in a lot of work and now imap is super fast. You can get it by doing:

#+BEGIN_SRC sh
git clone http://git.gnus.org/gnus.git
#+END_SRC

Now that would not help non org-mode users but did M-W and C-Y

If you haven't yet, I suggest you join the Gnus and Org-mode users lists.

Org-mode I have already, gnus haven't but will consider as I kind a like
wanderlust and it has org-mode integration as well

As a side question do you have your configs in github so I can
creatively borrow stuff from your emacs and gnus settings

Togan