Re: [opensuse] Substitutes for Akonadi programs
On Wednesday 22 Aug 2012 13:57:57 Kaare Rasmussen wrote:
I find it hard to accept having an instance of mysql sucking all memory
from my system just to handle mail and the like. It's the worst shit
database possible to choose. It would be another matter if there was a
personal choice of database, as I already use PostgreSQL heavily.

But there is:

alt-f2->"akonadiconsole"->Server->Configure Server->Database driver-
PostgreSQL

- Akgregator

Doesn't use Akonadi anyway

- Konversation
- Kopete

Only use Akonadi for addressbook integration, won't suffer if Akonadi is not
running.

HTH

Will

--
Will Stephenson, openSUSE Board, Booster, KDE Developer
(AG Nürnberg)