Re: [opensuse] how to update iso image of opensuse releases to the latest (fixed) packages that had been released ever since gold status?
  • From: cagsm <cumandgets0mem00f@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 21:59:19 +0200
On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 8:29 PM, Arun Khan <knura9@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
With SuSE Studio (susestudio.com), you can build your own custom
images from the official + update repos in several formats like ISO,
USB, AWS compatible. You can also add other openSUSE compatible
repos like packman + your own RPM files.

thanks for the pointers. now I wonder if the official opensuse
releases are also coming from this susestudio (as its a novell site
just as well) too? are there the vanilla opensuse projects to be found
there anywhere?

or am I misunderstanding this stuff? they speak about appliances and
stuff, but I wonder if I can install to the harddisk the same way as
from the official opensuse iso images?

maybe these appliances from susestudio work differently from the way
the vanilla releases of opensuse get built and constructed.