Re: [opensuse] Good content filter for FireFox?
On 21/08/12 12:45, Dsant wrote:
On Tuesday August 21 2012 11:48:56 Bernhard Voelker wrote:
Yes, I'd have to setup squid + squidguard and then somehow
prevent that the browser is using a direct connection.
As that PC is the only Linux PC in our library (because the
library software itself is written for MS Access), I'd have
to install such a filter proxy on the same host - which is
somehow not a good idea.

Which one do you recommend (free) ?
* Also adults are using that internet connection - are we
allowed to censor them?
* If the filter is on the same PC, I think it will be hard
to prevent workarounds (15-year-olds are rich of ideas ...)

Bernhard,

I strongly not advise you to put filter on the same PC if adolescents have
physical access to the computer. Every one knows on this list, that physical
access means root access. No need to explain.
You'd better put an old PC, locked in a room, to filter your network.

One on the kid might knows Linux better than you and me together ;)

Dsant
Or what about opendns