Re: [opensuse] Good content filter for FireFox?
On 08/21/2012 11:28 AM, Dsant wrote:
Too : squidguard, but beware it is just a backend,
+ maybe a frontend
+ a good black, & white, lists provider (and up-to-date) !

Yes, I'd have to setup squid + squidguard and then somehow
prevent that the browser is using a direct connection.
As that PC is the only Linux PC in our library (because the
library software itself is written for MS Access), I'd have
to install such a filter proxy on the same host - which is
somehow not a good idea.

Which one do you recommend (free) ?

If free lists are quite reliable, then I'd be fine with it.

Well, the last word is not yet spoken if we have to use a
content filter. There are several cons:
* Also adults are using that internet connection - are we
allowed to censor them?
* If the filter is on the same PC, I think it will be hard
to prevent workarounds (15-year-olds are rich of ideas ...)

Have a nice day,
Berny