Re: [opensuse] Font size when viewing messages in Thunderbird
On 16/08/12 20:05, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Bob Williams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [08-16-12 14:56]:
Most of the messages I read in Thunderbird are displayed in the font and
size that I want, but some are displayed in a smaller font size. In
particular, messages from Basil Chupin and Billie Walsh are displayed
smaller.

I am using Thunderbird 14.0 on KDE 4.9 on openSUSE 12.1. I notice that
Basil is also using Thunderbird 14.0, but so is Carlos Robinson and his
messages display correctly (from my POV).

Is this something I can adjust at my end or is it set in the sending
User-Agent? I prefer to read all messages in the same font size, as it
is less tiring.

As email *is* a text function, display your email as text rather than
pretty-font-html-or-what-ever-else. You *can* set the font-size on *your*
display.

Well, that's exactly what I'm trying to achieve, but I find the
Thunderbird dialogues unclear.

Under Preferences > Display > Formatting > Default Font I have
sans-serif size 14

and under ..Plain text messages, I have Style: Regular, Size: Regular.

Is there a setting somewhere else that I have missed?

Bob
--
Bob Williams
System: Linux 3.1.10-1.16-desktop