Re: [opensuse] Debug versions of local libraries
On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 14:54:29 +0200, Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
wrote:

An RPM is made that contains the debug version of the library.

Not quite. The applications and libraries are always built with
debugging info enabled. After the build completed, the debug info is
stripped off and put into a separate file. This File is then packaged
in the -debuginfo.rpm.

Is there a description for how this is accomplished on openSUSE? Of most
interest is how to set it up so that the debug version of the library is
available to gdb.

As I wrote, gdb is able to read the debug info from a separate file
and that is what we utilize.

I looked around on the openSUSE site, but could not find anything. I
guess I do not know where best to look...

I'd ask on opensuse-factory as the chances to reach one of the
openSUSE developers is much better there.

Philipp