Re: [Summary/Solved] Re: [opensuse] Partition Recovery? Is it even missing to begin with or just shifted?
Hello,

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012, David C. Rankin wrote:
On 08/13/2012 10:17 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
Do I wipe out the offending data in sda1 to remove the partition boundary
and
then reboot to correct the partition order? Something along the lines of:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda bs=512 skip=28 count=3

Jep, that should do the trick.

[..]
Well, a follow-on question,

I delete sda1 in fdisk and linux continues to boot fine, but the partitions
are still:

sda2
sda3
sda5
sda6
sda7

What is the best way to rename sda2->sda2, sda3->sda2? (or does it even
matter
to the windows reinstall?) still booting from the first primary, even though it
is sda2??

Try 'fdisk /dev/sda' -> 'f' (fix partition order).

I do not know what other tools might be able to, I'd probably use vche
to do it by hand ;)

-dnh

--
In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
-- Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies