Re: [opensuse] Separate /usr?
On 08/14/12 13:56, j debert pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
On 08/14/2012 07:37 AM, David C. Rankin wrote:
On 08/09/2012 11:11 PM, Rodney Baker wrote:
The FHS is complementary to the LSB which (afaik) openSuSE purports to be more
or less compliant with (but I'm open to be corrected if that is wrong).
Therefore, openSuSE should also be compliant with the LHS.

I agree with Rodney, if this is something that Linux wants to make work, then we
should all provide comment on the proposed FHS changes to insure the end product
is something that makes sense to implement, instead of just becoming another
well intentioned idea at the end of a link ending in .pdf...

+5

The divergence from the standard, seemingly at whim, is frustrating.

jd

And also why linux will never become mainstream. Until all of the different flavors of linux get together and agree to a standard regarding something as simple a filesystem layout big business will never take it serious.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998