[opensuse] Re-directing e-mails to alternate lists [WAS: Re: Debug versions of local libraries]
On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 12:38 PM, Lars Müller <lmuelle@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>

Thanks Roger for your feedback.

I'm redirecting your question to the opensuse-buildservice@xxxxxxxxxxxx
list.

The initial posting was:
http://lists.openSUSE.org/opensuse/2012-08/msg00328.html

Instead to complain any of us is able to do the same by replying to the
correct list, set Reply-To, and by this the discussion is moved forward
to the correct list.

Thanks,

Lars

Lars,

Are most of the technical opensuse mailing lists now open to
non-subscribers. I know some went that way a year or two ago, but I
don't know where it is documented about which are open to
non-subscribers and which aren't.

Further, it means the reply-all model needs to be followed on those
lists for this to work. Not sure if the subscribers of those lists
are aware of that or not.

fyi: I'm a big fan of the "open to non-subscribers" model. A few
spams get in, but it makes it easier to live with the large number of
lists opensuse has.

Greg