Re: [opensuse] Where can I get instructions for compiling VirtualBox?
j.e.perry@xxxxxxx, 14.08.2012 17:19:

---- Werner Flamme <werner.flamme@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

You may consider adding the URL
<http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Virtualization/openSUSE_12.1/> as
a repository (via YaST maybe). The versions are quite up to date, and
they work out of the box (once you are a member of the virtualbox group
on your computer).

Well! Yes, among the hundreds of files there are 19 Virtualbox files, most of
whose names I remember from reading the VB materials. No help material, but
I suppose I could figure out how to select and use the files I need from the
VB wiki materials.

More to study and think about. Thanks, Werner.

jp

I'd go ahead and mark "virtualbox" for installation. YaST cares about
the dependencies.

AFAIR, it is the virtualbox and virtualbox-host-kmp-<yourkernelflavour>
packages, plus virtualbox-qt as a visual interface. You need
virtualbox-websrv only to have an interface to be used via browser.

On the laptop I currently use there is no virtualbox installed, or I
could tell you more precisely ;-)

I prefer installing fromn a repo, since I get all updates fitting well
into my openSUSE system, no need to compile or build anything. I do not
install everything from that repo...

Regards,
Werner