Re: [opensuse] hardware frequency modules
On 08/12/2012 09:57 AM, j debert wrote:
On 08/10/2012 06:32 PM, George Olson wrote:

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Always be sure to use fans with ball bearings and not any using sleeve
bearings. The words "ball bearing" should be somewhere on the fan.
Personally, I'd use a more expensive brand known for good quality such
as U.S. Toyo Fan rather than some doubtful no-name Chinese brand.
Although the price is a bit higher, it is still much less than a new
CPU, mobo, power supply, etc., and these fans last almost forever.

Sleeve bearing fans have a short, unstable life and tend to be very
noisy until they fail. They should never be used in critical
applications such as CPU, power supply and component cooling.

jd

Thanks for the tip. Do you know if stock fan that usually comes with an AMD processor a sleeve bearing fan? The only thing I have to compare it with is that it really cools off the processor so much better than the Deep Cool brand that I bought (which I think is more than just a no-name brand, but is less than the stock brand).

--
G.O.
Box #1: 12.1 | KDE 4.8.4 | AMD Phenom IIX4 | 64 | ATI Radeon HD 3300 | 16GB