Re: [opensuse] Partition Recovery? Is it even missing to begin with or just shifted?
On 2012/08/11 01:06 (GMT-0500) David C. Rankin composed:

my biggest questions is just "What in the heck to
do with the stuff that is in sectors 1-62 that is currently junked. We will have
to work that out as well.

The first 63 sectors comprise the boot track on traditionally partitioned HDs larger than about 4GB. The last 62 of those usually contain nothing, but on occasion OnTrack Disk Mangler or EZDive or other mismanagement software might be found there on drives larger than the BIOS supported at installation time, or some forms of RAID info, or OS/2 LVM and Boot Manager info, or on Windows systems, malware. IOW, most likely anything remaining there is either unimportant or junk. If you want to preserve it for later examination, just save it to a file with dd.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/