Re: [opensuse] Separate /usr?
  • From: Robin Klitscher <robin.klitscher@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 00:06:01 +1200
On 09/08/12 23:59, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On Thursday, August 09, 2012 23:54:47 Robin Klitscher wrote:
For many years I've been running successive versions of openSUSE with
a /usr partition separate from the root partition /. But I see that
the Fedora manuals insist that the practice of separating these two
filesystems can lead to dire results. I note, too, that there was a
problem with this in the early drops oS 12.2

Is there a problem here, or a potential problem, in openSUSE? Or can
I continue to separate these two filesystems with confidence?

WE have put measures into place so that you can continue to use /usr as
a separate partition.

On the other hand, going forward I suggest to not setup a separate /usr
anymore, there's no benefit in it.

Andreas

Thank you. That's all I needed to know.

--