[solved] Re: [opensuse] package 'search box' behavior
On Thu, 9 Aug 2012 00:28:28 -0400
Carl Hartung <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All,

I just tried to search for a package at this page:

http://software.opensuse.org/121/en

The 'helpful' read ahead function will /not/ let you type in a
complete search criteria if it happens to contain a hyphen. The
instant it 'sees' a hyphen, the search is prematurely initiated and
the cursor is returned to the /start/ of the line -- as one is still
typing -- to this effect:

Typed:

package-name

Yielded:

namepackage-

regards,

Carl

I've no idea how or why, but I returned to the page just now and tried
again. The anomaly I experienced and described, above, did /not/
reoccur.

CEH