Re: [opensuse] how to password protect a portable harddrive for data exchange between windows and Linux?
On Tue Aug 07 2012 04:32:51 GMT-0300 Per Jessen wrote:

I haven't worked with Windows in 10+ years, but now I occasionally have
the need to transfer data (usually large amounts) from a customer
Windows (XP or newer) machine to our local Linux machines - usually on
a portable 2Tb USB-connected harddrive. This is generally done ad-hoc,
so no real time or possiblity to prep the source Windows system with
software etc.

Is there a way to encrypt or password protect such a harddrive/
filesystem such that it is accessible from Windows and Linux both?
(with very few or no changes on the Windows source system). If the
same systems would work the Macs too it would be great :-)

All pointers appreciated.

Try Truecrypt, it works both on Linux/Windows:

www.truecrypt.org

Cheers,

--

Marco Calistri