Re: [opensuse] Thunderbird - losing email (archive stops 2010, inbox empty before 5/2011)
  • From: Damon Register <dregister@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 17:39:12 -0400
On 8/1/2012 1:19 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
I was searching for some critical emails from March and April 2011.
Checking my inbox, there are no messages prior to 5/31/2011. WTF? So I then
looked in the "archive" folder expecting to find them
- nothing. There is nothing in "archive" since 12/12/2010. There is
another folder called "Archive", but it has nothing in it.
I have been following this thread and am interested since I use Thunderbird
both at home and work. Most of the time I use pop so I don't have a lot of
experience with imap. I set up imap for my wife just so she can get e-mail
on her phone and at home.

It may be a totally different issue but I can't help but wonder if what
you are seeing is related to the problem that I have seen a few times
with Thunderbird and pop. Messages would not show in Tbird but they
are in the mail file. The problem that I had was the X-Mozilla-Status
tag getting a bad value that would cause messages to be hidden.
I wrote my own program to go through a mail file, resetting all the
X-Mozilla-Status tags.

Damon Register