[opensuse] WTF? several anon_inode and /dev/null listings with lsof search
$ lsof | grep anon_inode
anon_inode

$ lsof | grep dev/null
/dev/null

I find several anon_inodes and over a dozen /dev/null listings, in some
listings for each there are several processes which are repeated. I'm expecting
this to be a rootkit, but none of the rootkit scanners find anything. Why are
these two listings appearing for various processes? I'm not running any virtual
machines, emulation, shares, printers, servers, etc. but these listings
continue to appear, it doesn't matter what Linux distro I use, these continue
to show, even when disconnected from the internet.

What are they?
Why are they appearing?
How can I stop these from running? (if they're bad)

I've searched the web and cannot find anything which explains these to my
satisfaction.