Re: [opensuse] Re: Thunderbird - losing email (archive stops 2010, inbox empty before 5/2011)
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2012 15:51:39 +0200
Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:

Am 05.08.2012 14:44, schrieb Per Jessen:
Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:

Am 05.08.2012 14:34, schrieb Per Jessen:
And my Dovecot having an FTS index it's also pretty fast but
honestly I'm sure that FTS indexes in public IMAP services is not
widespread at all.

I'm not sure public IMAP services are widespread either :-)

Probably wrong words. Public was not meant as free. But I was
talking about IMAP services you get with your Internet account,
hosting package and so on.

I would certainly expect an IMAP server for paying(=hosted) customers
to include full-text indexing. I would be pleasantly surprised if
the IMAP server from my access provider also had it.

Ok, I have some experience with big mail providers and let me tell you
that most have no full text index.

Sure, I'll take your word for it - there are however many more smaller
hosting services providers, and having a full-text index is or could be
a selling point for them.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (24.4°C)