Re: [opensuse] Buggy thunderbird 13?
On 23/07/12 20:30, Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2012-07-23 12:27, DenverD wrote:
On 07/22/2012 01:50 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
I do want compacting to happen, I have had the setting enabled for years
without a
problem. It is now that it is problematic.
yes....me too....but, you can turn it off and then use the right click on a
directory and
select 'compacting' when it is good for you, rather than the unthinking
software..
No, I have far too many folders.

(I assume you send PM by mistake)

I don't use the option of "compact when it would save xxxxx of space" (or whatever it is called). I have this option turned off.

But what I DO do is that whenever I think of it - at the end of the day or every second day or whenever - I highlight the main Folder which holds my mail - in my case *IINET* under which is my Inbox and its sub-folders - and go to File>Compact Folders and ALL the folders for all the mail I receive addressed to my ISP, IINET, are then compacted.

When I did this with my old, 32-bit system, this may have taken anything up to 10-15 seconds to do but now it takes anything up to 2 or 4 seconds. All lf this, of course, depends on how many messages I have moved from any folders to others (like opensuse ==> trash).

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 KDE 4.8.4 & kernel 3.4.5-1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor