Re: [opensuse] What the reason behind the Mozilla "version race"?
Am 23.07.2012 02:36, schrieb John Andersen:
On 7/20/2012 6:43 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
Last year Mozilla changed the extension architecture to reduce the
likelihood
of add-ons becoming unusable when the version increments,

I'm aware of that. A total failure if you ask me. Mainstream plugins
seem to crap out
with every release. EVERY tiny little point release.
How is it that such little steps break the API or hooks that the plug ins
require every single time?

These aren't fringe plugins I'm talking about.

Hmm, you are sure that is the current situation?
Usually all my addons are still working after an update. So "my"
mainstream addons work. And for point releases that has been the case
for a long time now. I have to admit that there are sometimes issues for
me since I'm usually running Aurora and addons are not always already
capable of running in it.

Wolfgang