Re: [opensuse] yast access restrictions
On 22/07/12 20:54, Carlos E. R. wrote:

I have seen the equivalent to OU in Unix, unix RTR, text mode only. I don't
think samba is
the way to go for this. It would be a very big overhauling job.

On the contrary. It's more or less in place already. Samba4 has OU, GPO LDAP and Kerberos out of the box. Even openLDAP has a schema for Samba3.

What we could do with is some way of translating the GPO to Yast.

That's more or less what point and click windows admins do most of the day with the windows control panel anyway.

Dare I say that Yast has many resemblances to control panel.
L x