Re: [opensuse] yast access restrictions
On 22/07/12 20:15, Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2012-07-22 17:56, lynn wrote:
On 22/07/12 13:53, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2012-07-22 12:58, lynn wrote:

I was thinking of creating an OU that had restricted access. I can see in
Ubuntu they have
no real option. But We have Yast so probably have a way of delegating
responsibility away
from the admin.

No way :-)

No, sorry, no such thing in Linux world, at least that I have met to this day.
Maybe the SLES
people have something, dunno.

User y has access only to /etc/sysconfig

You can give access to a file, one by one, using ACLs. Not in an organized way
as OUs and GPOs.

Mmm. Maybe. OU's give a great way to manipulate groups of users under openLDAP. We now have Samba4 with it's own (realistic) implementation of LDAP and Kerberos. The Schema includes all of rfc2307 and is rock solid on the Linux side. What a great opportunity to take over from where Canonical are sure to cash in. Unless we get there first that is.
L x