Re: [opensuse] Re: openSUSE build & testing procedure and faulty pruning of builds causing rpmbuild failures
On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 06:14:53AM -0400, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 12:17 AM, Linda Walsh <suse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What it *sounds* like is that openSuSE is no longer a development
/ build environment -- that is supported to work to build it's own
RPM's.

Linda,

You are tilting a windmills and you know it.

openSUSE has moved to a new build paradigm and you are complaining the
old one no longer works and you can't use it to build the distro
pieces.

This paradigm you describe is the one we live for ... I do not know ... over 10
years now, at least for as long as I am with SUSE (10 years).

That rpmbuild works within a system was always optional.
Patches are welcome btw.

Ciao, Marcus