Re: [opensuse] How to Recover a folder structure from an Ext4 partition that was repaired with fsck
  • From: Rajko <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 20:43:34 -0500
On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 23:22:26 +0200 (CEST)

I remember that in MsDos times we had utilities that did backups of
the directory structure in files placed strategically on the disks.
Perhaps we should do the same now :-?

e2image will create image of superblock, block group descriptor, block
and inode allocation bitmaps, and the inode table that can be stored
elsewhere.

File system itself will store superblock every 8k blocks, so it is not
that easy to break it as DOS with 2 FAT tables.

--
Regards, Rajko