Re: [opensuse] What the reason behind the Mozilla "version race"?
2012. július 20. 18:38 napon "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
írta:

Guys, Lew,

Does anybody have any understanding about why Mozilla sees fit to race
forward with version numbers on what seems like an every other month pace? We
enjoyed firefox/tbird version 2.x-3.x for what seems like years, yet we have
raced from 3.x - 14.x in the blink of an eye.

Anybody know why? I understand how version numbers work, major/minor
milestones, build numbers, etc.., but I'm just curious if anyone has the
scoop
on why we've jumped from 3-14 in such a short period of time - relatively
speaking.

Stupidity.