Re: [opensuse] What the reason behind the Mozilla "version race"?
On 2012/07/20 11:38 (GMT-0500) David C. Rankin composed:

Does anybody have any understanding about why Mozilla sees fit to race
forward with version numbers on what seems like an every other month pace? We
enjoyed firefox/tbird version 2.x-3.x for what seems like years, yet we have
raced from 3.x - 14.x in the blink of an eye.

Anybody know why? I understand how version numbers work, major/minor
milestones, build numbers, etc.., but I'm just curious if anyone has the scoop
on why we've jumped from 3-14 in such a short period of time - relatively
speaking.

Your Googler is broken, right?

http://www.extremetech.com/internet/92792-mozilla-takes-firefox-version-number-removal-a-step-further
http://robert.accettura.com/blog/2011/08/17/on-firefox-versioning/

summary: meetoo (because that's what Chrome does)

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/