Re: [opensuse] Changing Yast behaviour
  • From: eddie <eddieleprince@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 16:04 +0100
On Thursday 19 Jul 2012 15:52:04 Stephan Barth wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 08:00:29AM +0100, eddie wrote:
I have managed to install get_iplayer without mplayer and it works fine.
However, everytime I start Yast it nags that there is a dependency issue
with get_iplayer. Is there a way to turn this off too?

Any help on how to change the behaviour of Yast would be greatly
appreciated.

I guess the packages are from packman, right? I think you should report this
issue to them then.

As far as I know there is no way to tell YaST to ignore a certain
dependecy. Maybe you take a look at the command line tool zypper which is
not repeatedly complaining about an unsatisfied dependency.

Thanks Stephan

I appreciate that some issues are not specifically "opensuse's" but is there a
way to set Yast to complete the installation of packages which have been
downloaded successfully and ignore any failed downloads. That is one of the
main things that irritate me. Yast did not use to work that way, and as long
as Yast reports failures that should be adequate. There is no need to block
installation of those packages which have been successfully downloaded.

Eddie