Re: [opensuse] Laptop recommendation
  • From: Andrew Colvin <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 19:24:53 +0100
On Tuesday 17 Jul 2012 07:08:14 Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Lívio Cipriano <lcmail4lists@xxxxxxxxx> [07-17-12 07:03]:
On 17 July 2012 11:50:11 Vadym Krevs wrote:
Avoid anything with Nvidia Optimus technology. Good luck.

What happens ? I've good idea about Nvidia. Their drivers don't work
properly?

Your idea is incorrect. Nvidia drivers work amazingly well, but their
line of "Optimus" is not supported on *linux*.

I have an optimus laptop and with bumblebee version 3 it is functioning
perfectly. The intel graphics card is functioning great for normal things
like compositing and when I need the extra umph then I have the nvidia card.
True it isnt transparent to run things under the nvidia but I don't mind that.