Re: [opensuse] Laptop recommendation
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 17:27:39 +0200
On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 4:34 PM, Lívio Cipriano <lcmail4lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 17 July 2012 13:41:12 Vadym Krevs wrote:
You can get an ivy bridge i7 with integrated graphics only

Do you know if that works well. Traditionally it's better to have a dedicated
graphics chip.

What do you want to do? Play games or use the laptop for desktop
applications? If games are not a consideration, then the Intel HD
cards are more than enough in my experience. You may have to turn off
desktop effects, other than that, they are OK cards.

I you want high end graphics then a standard nVidia Mobile video card
(without Optimus) is what I look for.

C.
--
openSUSE 12.1 x86_64, KDE 4.8.4